Spellslinger talents and abilities

1 post • Page 1 of 1

Spellslinger talents and abilities

Postby KleeziE » Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:07 pm

Source

Hello fellow future Nexians!

So, there was some juicy datamined information that has been brought to light recently that details many aspects of the game that have not yet been announced. (Typically, datamined stuff like this is fair game for fans, but if the mods feel uncomfortable with it, I'll remove it.) Therefore, I have taken it upon myself to scour these files and give a little more info to those that want it the most.

I'll start with the class that intrigues me the most: The Spellslinger

"Blending quick hands and strange magic, the Spellslinger fuses two complex disciplines to create a fighting style that is unlike anything else in the galaxy."

The Basics:

Ranged
Role: Healer/DPS
Weapons: Dual Pistols
Resources: Mana and "Seals" that appear to be refilling charges that are consumed by different abilities. (Going to do more digging on these.)

Available Races (confirmed):

Aurin

Draken

Human (Exile)

Cassian

Abilities (datamined) These are subject to change, have generic (testing) names, and may be out of date

Alternate Firing Mode - Enables Alternate Firing Mode on the Spellslinger's pistol abilities. (Many abilities are versatile, changing their effects depending on which mode is active)

Plasma Shot - Primary Fire: Fire both of your pistols at your target. Alt Fire: Deals damage to your target and up to 4 nearby enemies. (I take this to be your main/"auto" attack)

Head Shot - Primary Fire: Interrupts any spell your target is casting, and prevents them from casting spells for 2s. Alt Fire: Interrupts the casting of your target and up to 4 nearby enemies.

Fast Forward - [NYI](?) Instantly recharges your Seal resources.

Focus Shot: Kill - Deals damage to your target, and additional damage if they have 35% or less health. (So basically Shadow Word: Death for all you Spriests out there)

Plasma Blast - A short-ranged attack that deals damage to your front and sides. Affects up to 5 targets.

Searing Blast - *No description&

Slowing Blast - A short-ranged cone blast that deals damage and snares opponents who have been struck by Plasma Blast, slowing their movement speed. Affects up to 5 targets.

Crippling Blast - A short-ranged cone blast that deals damage and cripples opponents who have been struck by Plasma Blast, lowering their attack power. Affects up to 5 targets.

Rewind - Deals damage to nearby enemies and pulls you backwards. Causes the next attack made against you to automatically miss.

Offbalancing Blast - No description

Focus Shot: Irradiate - No description

Recharge Shot - Primary Fire: Deals damage to your target and replenishes your energy. Alt Fire: Damage up to 4 enemies near your target and replenishes your energy.

Focus Shot: Disarm - No description

Forceful Blast - No description

Ripple Trap - Instantly causes damage to enemies in your hostile Sigils.

Crippling Trap - Instantly reduces the movement speed of all enemies in your hostile Sigils.

Whirlpool Trap - No description

Time Trap - Stuns enemies in your hostile Sigils.

Sigil of Pain - Daze - Reduced Movement Speed. (There were also "Stop" and "Protection" sigils with no description)

Plasma Barrage - Primary Fire: You fire multiple times in rapid succession dealing increased damage to your target each pulse. Alt Fire: You fire multiple times in rapid succession with ricocheting shots that damage random nearby enemies.

Cripple - Roots your target.

Displacement Shot - Blinks your target 10-15 meters backwards from you and reduces your threat to them.

Unraveling Shot - Primary Fire: Shocks your target dealing damage over time. Alt Fire: Shocks your target and up to 4 nearby enemies dealing damage over time.

Steady Arms - Your Plasma Shot sometimes causes the target to take increased damage.

Wild Arms - Your Plasma Shot sometimes deals damage to additional targets.

Sure Shots - Whenever you damage a target, there is a chance you will increase your energy regeneration and the energy regeneration of nearby allies.

"Item" Talents (datamined) These are subject to change and may be out of date (These are listed as "Item" talents so they may be bonuses on gear instead of talent tree-esque enhancements.)

Your auto-attack fierce attacks give you X energy. - (I think by auto-attack they mean basic attack, as I believe they stated there were no auto-attacks in the game. So basically, SSs will have a relatively basic attack that will build up their resource.)

Your pistol shots have a chance to cause the target to burn, dealing damage over time. -

Whenever you successfully block an attack, you have a chance to regenerate a Seal.

Whenever you kill an enemy, you gain auto-attack speed for 30s. This effect stacks up to 20 times.

Decreases the cast time of your Sigil spells by Xs.

Your Slow Motion Sigil now also increases your movement speed by X% for the duration.

Your Recharge Shot now also gives Replenishment when you use it with less than 50% energy, generating an additional X energy over 15s.

Your Ripple Trap reduces the cooldown of your other abilities by 1s whenever it kills an enemy.

Increases the damage of the Alt-Fire Plasma Shot by X.

Increases the number of pulses of Plasma Barrage by X.

Increases the duration of Sigil of Pain by Xs.

Reduces the cooldown of your Time Trap by Xs.

Increases the duration of Unravelling Shot by X%.

Your Crippling Trap also deals X damage to affected targets over the duration.

Fast Forward now also increases your movement speed by X% for 15s.

Your Displacement Shot also stuns targets for Xs.

That's all I've managed to pull out for now. It's entirely possible that I missed some abilities here and there, but this should be very similar to what would be seen in a beta client. Discuss away!

Also, if this post is well received I'll try and do another very very soon!

Edit: It should also be noted that the leaked M30 patch notes that Carbine themselves released delineate some of the more heal-focused Spellslinger abilities. Those notes also appear to be more up to date than this info is.
KleeziE

1 post • Page 1 of 1

Return to Wildstar